Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Esoteric Rez Errors

I seem to be managing to break things on a more regular basis. Tonight, it was Rez.

I got the error /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers/CoreFoundation.h:11: ### /Developer/Tools/Rez - SysError 2 during open of "sys/types.h".

Sure sounds ominous to me. SysError 2? That looks up to be an address error, if it's an old-style error number. Horrors!

A good deal of testing later (wherein I should have tried Rezzing something else, but for whatever idiotic reason didn't) I have determined this error is (mostly) harmless. It means that somewhere, someplace, you included a header file Rez deemed unworthy. Note that it won't necessarily even include anything else in that header. Isn't it magic?

Moral: check your headers and keep them simple when you're using Rez.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home